Monday, July 7, 2008

Victim #31: State Forces Veteran To Support Children Who Are Not His



I have got a child support story from hell for you. I am a 42 year old Air Force Veteran. I am happily married to a wonderful woman who happens to be physically disabled. We have two children, a daughter age 14 and a son age 9. I am employed full time.

The State Of New York is attaching my wages for child support on four children who are not biologically mine nor did I ever adopt them. They are the sons of my ex wife. We were married from 2000 until 2003 and the children are from her previous marriage.

We were living in NY and she dumped the kids on her ex in-laws. The fled the state. NY immediately filed for support against me. This was in 2001 and I have been fighting the case since then. My ex wife has admitted in writing (right after we divorced) that the marriage was a scam and not a true marriage.

This is a true injustice. I am supporting my real family yet NY is limiting my ability to do so because they are taking my wages. My ex wife gets not one dime of the money. NY State takes it all.

Thought you might like this true story.

Yours In Christ

###