Thursday, June 19, 2008

Victim #16 - Second Wife's Simmering Anger

I hear you! In fact, just this weekend when I felt like strangling my wonderful husband, he said sheepishly "in sickness and in health, good times and bad, right?"

And I felt like a schmuck, but the simmering anger is so hard to tap down sometimes...I don't mind working hard, earning a living, even doing the emotional work of blending families and finding a connection with his girls.

The hard part is the unfairness...the inequality...the feeling of having so much in the hands of a crazy woman.

It has taken me 3 years to accept that she has poisoned our town and I simply have to focus on all the good people and ignore the rest...hard when my kids are involved and on the receiving end of the gossip....

I simply can not seem to wrap my head around someone who puts so much time and energy into continuing to maintain a connection (albeit a negative one ) to a man she kicked to the curb. That she spends so much time trying to destroy him at all levels: our relationship, his relationship with his children, his reputation, his church, friends, teams, schools, neighbors, etc. etc......and then she expects him to care for her financially for the rest of her life!!

Grrrrr.....she claims to be some sort of feminist....and yet she STILL needs a man to care for her? Makes no sense....
###