Sunday, November 23, 2008

Victim #74: Retirement Only A Dream



As a second wife, I can attest to the fact that second wives suffer as a result of the unjust alimony "scheme." My husband is being forced to pay over $10,000.00 a year to his ex-wife, who left him. She claimed he was an alcoholic and cheated on her many time and even had relations with young family members! (her sister and niece who were about 15 at the time!) Of course I don't believe this for a moment!

My husbands ex-wife had told us that she only needed alimony for a few years. Of course we helped as he and she had 2 daughters in college at that time.

His ex has a good job and a pension which is vested. She started to go out all the time, spending money on foolish things and then came the request for more alimony and for an extended period of time.

For the last 4 years we have been struggling to make ends meet! We have our own bills and now are facing losing our home! I have been forced at my age (62)to take on a second job to help pay for her alimony!

How can we fight this? We want to retire in a couple of years and its sad that we probably wont be able to do that!

###