Saturday, June 14, 2008

Victim #13 - Custodial Parent Buried Under Alimony Debt

Please help, I won sole custody of my four girls, due to my wifes abandoning and her alcoholism. I was ordered to give her 1/2 the house equity when I sell, 1/3 my retirement, maintain 100k in life insurance & pay her $500.00 a week, almost 25% of my income.

She works part time and was ordered to pay me $50.00 a week in child support. I get the tax breaks but the judge says I have to pay her until I die.

She is 44 years old with a college degree. The judge says nothing about her responsibility to get a real job . What makes matters worse is her parents and brothers are all millionaires and she has a trust which I'm unable to prove.

The judge has left me in a situation where I wont be able to help the kids with college , I'm struggling to make ends meet, I'm stuck with over 30K in debt and she walks away with $500 a week & almost $300k to start a new life. She was the deadbeat, she was the troublemaker and I feel totally screwed over.

My typical day starts at 5:30 a.m and stops at 9:30 pm putting the kids to bed after cooking, cleaning and helping with homework. She has only visited the kids once in the last 6 months, and she abandoned us for 10 months prior. Shes been locked up and treated 3 or 4 times and had me arrested as well as my sixteen year old on false charges.

I was lead to believe I would have to pay her something, but not lifetime payments. She refused to go back to work 7 years ago, she has been planning and scheming with her boyfriend.
###