Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Victim #10 - Firefighting Slave

I am a firefighter in the city of XXXX. I am a 17 year veteran. I also own a hardwood flooring company that I operate on my days off. I work approximately 120 hours per week.

I am writing to you today to ask you to consider the alimony reform bill you have received for review.

I became a "victim" of FL Statute 61.08 on Dec. 8 2005. After learning of my ex-wife's third affair, I made the difficult and also PRIVATE DECISION to divorce. I never knew what an education I was in for.

I am now being forced under the threat of imprisonment to pay an adultress ex-wife $2,200.00 per month for the rest of my life or until she re-marries. I am also force to maintain a $200,000 life insurance policy with her as beneficiary. She will also receive $951.00 per month of my pension benefits when I "retire".

Sir, this is INVOLUNTARY SERVITUDE, an invasion of my private life, and is unconstitutional. The family court system in Florida is totally out of control and this particular statute gives the judiciary very BROAD DISCRETION when awarding alimony. It is also a violation of the SEPARATION OF POWERS ACT.

IT IS LEGAL SLAVERY!!

Rep. Brutus, I am asking you to please STOP THIS MADNESS. There a many like me in our great state, men and WOMEN.

There are 2nd wives of husbands that are suffering along with their husband while he is a slave to his ex-wife. There are women that are paying to ex-husbands for the REST OF THEIR LIVES just because they made a PRIVATE DECISION to dissolve their marrage.

I ask for your consideration on introducing this bill.`
###