Thursday, March 18, 2010

Victim #150: Is Alimony a Form of Punishment??



I am married to a wonderful man who had the unfortunate luck to be married to a money grubbing bloodsucker. Based on your message I see you have the same experience.

I, like you, don't understand how, in this day and age, a judge can give a woman alimony for the rest of her life. This is not 1950. Women are fully capable of taking care of themselves financially. Is alimony supposed to be some sort of punishment?

What gets me is she is had an affair, stole the kids, took them out of state and my husband got stuck paying...HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!

I told him he had a crappy lawyer. We've talked to lawyers to have it terminated. They said there has to be a change in circumstances. I guess her inheriting $100,000 and working isn't a change in circumstances.

Meanwhile, we paid the child support (for 2 children), bought the cars, now putting the kids through college.  Needless to say, she will not give one dime of her alimony to her own kids.  And what kills me is every-time she sees us she acts like we are all buddies and I just want to rip her face off. My husband won't go anywhere near her.

What can we do to change these laws? Something has to be done. Please tell me what I can do.

###