Monday, July 13, 2009

Victim #123: Courts Garnishing 65% of Social Security Income



The Florida courts can garnish up to 65% of ones Social Security. Regardless of this being your only income. My wife is receiving her first husbands SS and 65% of mine. Only married 12 years and no children together.

I raised her daughter from age 3. Life time alimony since 1986, $1,800.00 per month. Ran out of money so they elected to Garnish my SS. No other source of income. I'm now 74 and living on $399.10 per month. My EX is living on 1,750.00 per month. What a difference a gender makes.

By the way, I had a friend of mine in the Children & Families Department do a research on garnishment. Her is what she came up with:

The courts also play a part in this exhibition of prejudice. The fact that there is NO case in the state of Florida that identifies a WOMEN having her Social Security check garnished by the court to pay for life time alimony to her ex-hsband just screams with bias, prejudice and discrimination. This truly is gender bias and unfair treatment to me. I can support alimony for rehabilitation but not the right to lifetime alimony.

Florida courts reward laziness and call if lifetime alimony.

###