Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Victim #48: One Victim's Legal Representation Opinion



I am in Tampa, Florida and Yes I "had" an attorney. The other day she decided to withdraw from my case based on "irreconcilable differences", according to her, she felt that by me not agreeing to: lifetime alimony, not authorizing to pay my wife's retainer up front and my unwillingness to change the mediation date she considered me unreasonable.

My Atty, will be at mediation but after that she's gone. I read at the Florida Bar association that if I even notion any sort of threat, she (my atty.) can take action against me. Wow....

So I think I will go to mediation and try to make this journey on my own. By the way, this is my second attorney, they all seem to be somewhat unattached, uncaring and disinterest. I've paid about 10K and running out of money, knowing what my wife is going to get.

Anyway, that's my story.

###