Thursday, July 17, 2008

Victim #37: Another Victim Of Lifetime Slavery



I'm in the same boat...$800.00 a month...for the remainder of my life. My request for a downward modification was just denied, of course. My former wife earns 80% of my salary after working only 4 and 1/2 years. I have been working for XXXX for 35 years.

Of course, she left me for someone else...and I get to pay her forever. WHEN I RETIRE, SHE WILL RECEIVE 1/2 OF MY PENSION, $800.00 IN ALIMONY, HER PENSION AND HER SOCIAL SECURITY. I WILL BE LIVING ON MY SOCIAL SECURITY ALONE AFTER I WILL HAVE WORKED FOR 46 YEARS.

Everyone I've spoken with says my case is about the worst because the disparity in incomes is not there. Furthermore, her income will surpass mine in just a few years. I thought they abolished slavery in Florida!!

###