Saturday, March 27, 2010

Victim #154: In Tennessee Fighting For Survival


Here is my story, In Oct. 2008 I filed for a modification for alimony and child support. Since then it has been one delay after another, one contempt charge after another.

Still no trial date for modification hearing, but in November 16, 2009 I had to appear to show cause for the contempt and I was able to get out of most of the six contempt charges with a $300 attorney fee from my ex's attorney for her time towards contempt charges.

Also the new judge(a male judge) ordered new financial statements since it has been so long since filing the original modification and ordered mediation before a trial could be brought forth.

This all took place in November 16, 2009 and it is now March 22, 2010 and I am not any closer to a modification hearing than I was since I first filed in OCT,2008.

My ex's attorney wrote my attorney a letter and stated my ex wants money, and she will settle for $20,000., $10,000 before March 15, 2010 and another $10,000 in September, 2010 and sign over my half of the house. My attorney thought this was a generous offer if I only had $20,000.

I am now 100% disabled and unable to work since June 2008. I am out here in Tennessee fighting for my survival and she is now trying to get my disability money.

In my way of thinking, she is still in the house I paid for and my son got to stay with her. She got all of the contents of the house and half of my 401K and now she is going after my blood.

I will not give up and I will not cave in, GOD give me the strength to carry on. Best wishes to all and may GOD be with you.

###