Friday, February 6, 2009

Victim #92: Ex-Wife Lives on Easy Street While Husband Struggles



It's a long story but I'll try to keep it short. 29 yrs of marriage wife decides she wants a divorce - leaves me with a brand new home and a 23 yrs old and 17 yr old to take care of.

I go into deep depression, have back surgery and a change in job hours and I do all the leg work for my idiot lawyer. Well he decides it is my best interest not to go before a judge and agrees that I should pay $1300 a month in permanent non-modifiable alimony payments.

Since then, 2002 my ex, who has her own business, has made tons of $$$ - traveled all over the world, bought a condo and sold that making a $45k profit. She bought another house and is selling that and having a brand new $220k + house built.

Also her parents just died and she is getting about $250k in inheritance (my daughter just told me today) she is going to Hawaii for 2 weeks and I'm struggling.

###