Sunday, May 3, 2009

Victim #108: Lawyers Are of Little Help



I have hired my second lawyer in the town of Enterprise, Alabama. Me and my husband are out $4,400.00 and 10 trips to Alabama on fighting alimony and college support for his daughter. He has two kids, one 19 and the other soon to be 21. We are also trying to get support stopped on his 20 year old son.

My husband is in the Army and works 18 hours a day and is getting tore up. He has made 10 trips back home to meet with lawyers and court and nothing gets done.

He was paying alimony but his daughter turned 19 on March 30,2009 and now his ex wants to modify and get alimony for 3 more years. The divorce says she gets it until she re-marries, co-habitats or when the children turn the majority age. Well they have so how can she keep getting? Please help me, I can't get my lawyer to call us, he took our check but has been no help.

I had to call the court house to find out she filed February 19 ,2009 for this and the post-majority for college. My husband had an appointment with him on March 25, 2009 and HE DID NOT EVEN MENTION THIS TO US.

PLEASE HELP MY HUSBAND, HE HAS WORKED SO HARD AND HAS GIVE UP EVERYTHING FOR HER AND HIS KIDS. HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO STAND UP FOR HIM.

###